Tuesday, May 28, 2013

I love Pekin!!!!

This week has been amazing!!! I am LOVING being here in Pekin!!!

Where to start... lets start with yesterday, Monday. It was a P-day without a car, its in the auto-body shop (bike fell and banged up the door), but after playing a game of MONOPOLY, so much fun (we make fun of it the entire time we play), we were walking back from the church with a box of food that a member left for us, and we got a call from a guy that we got referred to by a member of the ward. He is in a bad situation right now and he didn't have anything to eat that night for him and his girl friend and their kid. So I looked at the box of food, it was all from a cook out and it looked wonderful, but Elder M and I talked about it and we got a ride to the motel that he was staying at and we brought the food over to them, we stopped at McDonald's afterwards and got some cheap fast food but Elder M and I couldn't stop smiling while we ate it.

Sunday we went over to the Fam-Clans again,  we talked to them about their lives and then told them how God could help them with their troubles. and more specifically how the B of M can help build their faith in Christ. Plus we got their 20 year old kid to open up a little bit, all it took was us saying how much we are giving up being out here, with money and etc...

Also on Sunday we taught a part member family, the Millers. They are an amazing family and we absolutely love talking to them and learning with them. We love them so much, Don, the dad, is a member and Diana, Kristin, and Katrine are all not members. they have been taught by our ZL when he was here and on again on exchanges a couple weeks ago he got us in the door. Thank you so much Elder Brinkerhoff.

On Saturday we went to... wait for it.... THE NAUVOO TEMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Elder M taught a PM (part member Family) and baptized the dad a year ago in his first area, and we went to see them be sealed for all of time and eternity. It was AMAZING!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THE NAUVOO TEMPLE!!!!!

 On Friday we had a wonderful time We visited the Derais.. Don't ask... we love the Derais!
Also on Friday was Danny's BAPTISMAL INTERVIEW!!!!! His baptism is tomorrow at 5 and we are so excited for it. 

I love Pekin it is amazing. Transfers are this next week and Transfer calls are Saturday we are excited and sad, we might be separated. 

Well I am running out of time but I love everyone and am praying for you all.

Sue and Mark: sounds like your Trip was a dream come true, sunburn and all.
Kristin and Tyrel: Hope you are enjoying your trip.

Dad and Tay: Don't have to much fun with mom gone.

Everyone else: I LOVE YOU!!!!

Elder Keeley

No comments:

Post a Comment