Monday, October 7, 2013

things are good...

Letter from Sept 23, 2013

Things are looking up in Centerville!!
We are seeing miracles left and right, we implemented a new practice into our Sunday that we call "Enos hour".  It's where we take ten names each and we pray for them for an hour and try to discern what the spirit wants us to do for them. We have gotten some really good insight into some of our investigators and learned what  a lot of our members need to hear to really be comforted by the Holy Ghost and Gods grace. Just last night right before we left the White family get together we caught the mom of all the White boys outside and we just told her what we felt she needed to hear, about an hour later she texted us and said that she was struggling and that we had told her exactly what she needed to hear. I LOVE THE SPIRIT!!!

We are teaching a potential investigator today.  His name is E B and he is SO COOL!! We went to this apartment complex where another Potential lives and he wasn't home. it was raining and cold outside so we decided to knock all the doors we could that were warm and cozy inside four walls. Last door that was inhabited was his, and we started off the usual way (elder bailey speaking) "Hi we are missionaries from our church.. I'm sorry what's your name?" then we started to discuss something and me being my distracted self looked past him into the room and I am glad I did. He had 15 fishing poles that I could see that were well taken care of and in stands. So I asked him "now I know this is totally off subject but do you like to fish?" and then we developed a relationship from there. we left him a Book of Mormon and asked him to read Enos. we are taking our Branch Mission Leader out to meet him today. REALLY excited for it.
Finally found a starting place with Fr and Je, they just want to know more about Jesus Christ and what he did for us so we are going to teach them the Plan of Salvation from the beginning of what we know. Also really excited for this lesson it will be Friday or Saturday pray for us!!!
Denise: I just learned from Grandma Keeley that you are expecting a baby BOY!!! Good luck with that!!
Well everyone I love you all and am thinking of you all,
Elder Keeley

No comments:

Post a Comment