Wow we have been busy, all last week was spent "bouncing" between Chariton
and Centerville until Thursday when we went to transfers and I got my new
companion.
Now before I go into who he is I will say this and go back in time for
me.
When I had just finished being trained almost FIVE months ago (wow I have
been out here forever) I went over to the Peoria East Elders area for the day
and worked with them. We were discussing who my new Comp would be and Elder Davis
said "I know who it is going to be. it is going to be Elder..." He was right he
was just wrong on the time frame. Then Wednesday night when I was with Elder
Brown and Brewer in Chariton we were discussing who my new companion might be
and Elder Brown laughed and said how much fun it would be if it was his "mission
dad" (his trainer) and we all agreed and we made up these sarcastic plans for
"emergency exchanges" and stuff like that..... We had some
complications with the ride and eventually we just had to drive our selves in
the mission car.
When we got to the
transfer meeting Elder Brown was attacked by his trainer and Elder Brewer and I
went and talked to old friends and such (both of our trainers have gone home).
Before the meeting started we went to spiritually prepare for it by reading
the scriptures. During the meeting I sat over by some of my friends and Elder
Brewer and Brown sat by Elder Brown's trainer.
During the presentation of the "transfer doctrine" (where we are going and
who we are with), we were the third zone called and we got two new ZL in our
Zone and a new district leader over my district and right before they called
Centerville they called Chariton.
The tradition is to go and give them a big
bear hug and walk off and sit down next to each other. Chariton did this. Then it was my turn (I was the only area left in the zone) and to our amazement we had predicted who my new
comp was... Elder Brown's trainer Elder Bailey. : )
We are loving being together and are working super hard and we have made
some long term goals for ourselves and for our area they are amazing and we can
see how they will help us grow as individuals and as a branch. They are great
and very sacred to us now. I love being a missionary!!!!
We have played football two days in a row now, once with the White boys and
some of their relatives and yesterday (on P-day) with some less actives and the
Calabrias. Today I feel so sore and out of shape wow I have been a lazy bum for
too long. Its time to get into shape.
So now for the work this week, we went to introduce Elder Bailey to M and she likes his personality and his spirit that he has around him. Unfortunately we didn't have a good lesson. Both of our resources were being
taken and hidden by her daughter.
We have done a lot and we have great day to day plans set up and we
will start seeing less actives come to church and watching it grow that way
along side our non member work. R's are doing well, didn't really get to
talk to them for very long this week, we will be helping them lay some hard wood
flooring soon; which I love to do!! So hooray!!
Mom: don't worry to much about the finances thing with the hospital in
Pekin it has been paid and I am thankful for that. and know that I am thankful
for what you have done and that I may just put my home address down for any more
future medical stuff and that way you are more in the loop.
Dad: I love you don't get hurt cutting wood ;) and always spend some time
in the water.
Sue: thanks for letting mark go fishing with dad it meant a lot to dad to
go with someone.
Denise: I am thinking about you a lot recently Chelise white looks a lot
like you and she has a lot of things in common with you, just the little quirks
and stuff like that.
Well Everyone else: I LOVE YOU!!!
Hmm that about sums it up,
Elder Keeley
No comments:
Post a Comment