Monday, June 10, 2013

I love Centerville! It is so great!!

I love Centerville!  It is so great!!
 
For all of you out there who don't know what White Washing means it is this, When both of the old missionaries in an area get transferred and two new ones that have never been there move in. You know nothing about the area so you can break old habits and prejudices that may have developed. It is a really useful tool that all missions use, they just have different names for it.
 
Elder Holayter is my old District Leader, we have been around each other for my entire mission and we are loving serving together, we both Love Fantasy worlds and we are "nerding out" in almost every conversation that we have in our car. He is from.... wait for it... are you ready.... Alaska!!! Everyone we talk to that can help us start conversations with it is really nice.
 
So we are in a "Branch" out here. We don't even have a chapel to meet in we meet in an old barn that has been a lot of different things in its life, including a bar. The entire branch leadership is comprised of a single family, the Whites, and they are amazing.  They really want to see this area grow so they trust all their friends to the missionaries. We actually only have like 35 active members here but we have like 75 families on the branch list. The trend here is that people are baptized then they move away... I don't know what is up with that.
 
We have a few investigators that the old missionaries were teaching but we haven't been able to meet any of them in person. Kristy, one of the old investigators, we talked to on the phone and we are teaching her/ getting to know her tomorrow, pray that it will go well. We also have found two new investigators that were FORMERS!!!!!! I love working with Former investigators, that is where Elder Meservy and I saw the most success back in Pekin . Oh-- one of my old friends from the MTC is now in Pekin, Elder Horkley. he is a great missionary and he is serving with on of the best missionaries in the mission.
 
Well in short I Love Elder Holayter!!!! I love Centerville!!! I love that we meet in an old Bar!!!! I love the White Family!!! And I love learning to draw!!! ( Elder Holayter is teaching me)
 
Sincerely

Elder Keeley

No comments:

Post a Comment