Hello!!
Wow Centerville...... this place is weird... almost as many people over here live on social security and disability as did in Pekin;
No real progress on new people to teach we are having to spend a lot of
time indoors because of my allergies out here, but I am getting a shot today to
help with them. This really makes me excited!!!
We are teaching a few people though, the Rinehearts are an elderly couple
in their 50's. We had an AMAZING lesson with them this week on the Plan of
Salvation. We got there and we were just talking to them about how they were
doing and how they have been recently, you know just good conversation. Somehow
the conversation got turned to.... Wait for it... life after death!!!
She opened up about a lot of things that she believes about the after life. The first thing that she said was "This might seem weird to you but I think that
there is more than just 'Heaven and Hell.' I think that there is a place that we
go right after we die. we go there to continue to learn and to progress
until something happens."
Elder Holayter and I were smiling so big through the
conversation. The spirit had already taught her before we even had to try. I
LOVE teaching really prepared people!!! At the end of our conversation on the
plan of salvation we were talking about it and she said that about an hour
before we came, she was out back working in the yard and she was thinking about
what she would like to learn about today. Life after death is what came to
mind. During the lesson my favorite part was when we were talking about The
Spirit World and I thought of my favorite scripture to explain it (Alma 12:24),
I opened it up to there and had her read it with a little help from her
husband, and as she read it and she came to the part that says "there was
a space granted unto man in which he might repent" You could see her get excited
because we had just backed up what she believed about the after life with a
scripture and our testimony. I really felt like I was doing my purpose as a
missionary!!!
We also taught one of our tenants in our same apartments, Liz Taylor (not
the famous one). she is single (divorced) and is living by herself. so we meet
her at a restaurant in town and taught her there. It was a great lesson but she
rushed out afterwards and we haven't seen her since. We have texted her and she
is going through some custody and visitation problems with her 8 year old son.
So pray for her and hope things go the way that they need to for her to come
closer to the gospel.
Well I have been really good recently except for the allergies and having
to retreat indoors from them (I have gotten a lot of study time in... and a
lot of showers). will you all please pray that we find some new people to teach
out here and that the ones that we are teaching will be baptized or the ones the previous
missionaries were teaching we will be able to contact them all.
Well hope everyone is doing good back home. its amazing how many people are
out on missions right now, Mom will you please send me a list of anyone on
missions from Star Valley and where they are serving? Thanks!!
Have a Great Day,
Elder Keeley
No comments:
Post a Comment