Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Hello from Pekin!!!

I LOVE Illinois-- it is amazing!!! There are so many wonderful people here and so many great members.  I love them all and I cannot wait for the rest of my mission if it is all going to be this good! Our ward had a ward temple trip this last week and we got it approved to go; the NAUVOO TEMPLE is AMAZING!!! I could stand on the spiral staircase and just look for hours and hours. Our ward has the opportunity to go and clean it on the 12th and we are approved to go AGAIN.This is a real treat because usually we only get to go once every 6 months as missionaries, unless we are going with a person who has been baptized in the last 12 months. The temple is just as big as the Logan or IF temples and it is beautiful!! I have a new favorite temple.

Investigator work is kind of slow right now but the entire mission had a fast on Sunday that all of the areas would find TWO new investigators on Wednesday the 13th, and I know that that will work miracles all throughout the mission. we are going to have to move Jacobs baptism we don't know if he is ready and their is going to be a child of record baptism on the 30th anyway, and he wouldn't have liked to combine his baptism anyway.

The weather is WET.  Lots of rain out here so Elder Hunsaker and I are doing lots of driving and member work, encouraging the members and giving them the lessons, but not much tracting because of the rain and sleet.

I hope everyone is okay back home? Anyone new receive their calls?

Have a great day,
From Pekin Illinois,
Elder Heeley

1 comment:

  1. I really like that you guys are posting the letters you sent to him, and his responses. It will keep a really great history of his mission, and of the family for the next two years. At the end, you can just make it into a hardback book that will last forever. Feel free to add pictures!

    Love you all,
    Jeri

    ReplyDelete