Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Ice Storm!

Here is a collaboration of info/letters from Daniel in the past week while I (Marlene) was out of town:

We pieced together from a couple of notes from him, and from a conversation with someone in the mission office,  that Pekin, Illinois (where he is serving right now) is maybe  a brand new area.  So apparently they opened it the day he arrived in the mission. we think.?.  There were a lot of extra expenses that we had asked him about from his personal checking account, and so he was answering here.  

He said in another tiny little note that they went on a ward trip to the Temple.  We are assuming it was the Nauvoo Temple since Nauvoo is in the middle of the Iowa Des Moines mission : ) that's cool!

Now the following is from Dan:
_______________________________________________________
Thanks mom we get the Ensign out here each month so we are good on that account. I had to buy everything that was food, starting from scratch, on only $100 this month because of the money, I think, taken out at the MTC. The GPS cost me $117.
 I also had to get a nice binder for my note taking during major meetings with the president so that I am not using a beat up note book. I also had to buy some more things but those are all explained in my letter I am sending you today.

We did get hit by an ice storm.  Unfortunately we had a meeting in Davenport Iowa that same day.  Elder Hunsaker myself and a couple of missionaries that were traveling with us, and stayed with us the night before.  We all left at 6:00 AM to get there in time. 
 We drove through a pretty nasty blizzard to get there but when we arrived, the first wave of the storm had missed Davenport.  Then during the meeting we got 6 inches of snow.  They decided to board us in some members homes there. We got to stay with an elderly couple named the Halls, they actually boarded 8 of us there.  It was so much fun. 
Don't worry there will not be any more major spending months and any big purchases.  Except maybe like a bike--if I need to buy one, I will have you move over funds for it.

I am sending a long letter home today sorry it took so long to write I can only write on P days and sometimes when we have big things happen.
Love you tons your son,
Elder Keeley

No comments:

Post a Comment