First off I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!! I cannot get over the shock that I
had the other day during church, I was just sitting there enjoying the
testimonies when I looked at MY NAME TAG!!! I AM A MISSIONARY!!!!!!
Hooray!!!! I truly feel like Alma when he said "oh that i were an angel and
could proclaim the gospel from the roof tops."
The work here is slow but we as a companionship, Elder Hunsaker and I,
are implementing a new process that is helping a LOT we are trying to visit at
least one preferably three members a DAY and sharing with
them the lesson of the restoration or the plan of salvation. then at the end
asking them to have us over again in a week but this time have a nonmember
friend over not just them. It is SOOOOO simple to be a member missionary all you
have to do is say "Hey do you want to come over to my house and have dinner?
Afterward would you be interested in learning more about what
I believe in?" that is all you have to do then just continue being a
friend to them no matter what they say, and if they are offended then you
can just say that the missionaries are weird and you don't really know them
anyways. DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO SAVE YOUR FRIENDSHIP. the missionaries DON'T
care what you say about them. they are getting transferred in the next few
months anyway. we have yet to see the fruits of our labors but we are trying and
the Lord knows that.
Please pray for the missionaries the world over.
EVERYONE PLEASE SEND ME A LIST OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE GOTTEN THEIR CALLS OR ARE
ON MISSIONS THAT I MIGHT KNOW!!! I am disconnected from the world here except
for what you send me, I WANT TO KNOW WHO ELSE HAS THE COURAGE TO SERVE THE LORD.
Oh and please send me their addresses so i can write them a short letter
of encouragement and support.
Please everyone know that i love you and are thinking of my family and
friends always. THAT INCLUDES COUSINS. Tell Caden that he is going to a great
mission and that i want to write him as soon as i get his address, both home and
MTC and mission.
I know the church is the true church of God and that Joseph
Smith restored it through revelation and we can also receive personal revelation
through the Holy Ghost. I cannot WAIT for General Conference this next month and I hope all of you are excited as i am.
From a MISSIONARY,
ELDER KEELEY
PS mom i will send home photos soon and i will write a physical letter
later today. LOVE YOU SO much
your son,
Daniel.
No comments:
Post a Comment