Well -- How has everyone's week been because mine has been AMAZING!!!!
First on a spiritual level I want to encourage any one that reads this email to read The Miracle of Forgiveness by Spencer W. Kimball it is changing my
out look on the Savior and what he went through and it is making me MORE and
More and more excited to do missionary work each time that I read from it not to
mention while reading from it the spirit has highlighted things in my life that
I can do better so that I can be a better person and more devoted to the
teaching and atonement of Jesus Christ.
Dad I would especially suggest you read it.
Now for the physical world.... ERIC B IS BACK!!!! I wrote about him a
few weeks ago. He was the gentle man that we talked to about fishing for half an
hour after we knocked on his door because I got distracted. Because of that
experience and the lesson this week I now Know that God can work with me and my
imperfections even if I thought He couldn't.
We brought Brother Calabria with
us, a member of about 1 and a half years, and we went in expecting to just teach
the Restoration... we walked out having the spirit and having taught him all 13
of the Articles of Faith, the Restoration, and the Commandments lesson that is
found in PMG (Preach My Gospel).
Here are some exerpts from my Journal about the
experience." we taught him SOOO much and he took it all REALLY well... All we
had to do was ask him if he had any questions for us at the the beginning of the
lesson... he also asked what all the basic beliefs of the church are, to this we
shared a pass along card with the 13 articles of faith and explained them one by
one. We then asked him if he had any more questions and he asked us "what are
the rules in the church?" we answered with an explanation about where our faith
or religion comes from and we taught the restoration and emphasized Joseph Smith
as a prophet.
Then we said "now you have a background from where all the
commandments come from in the church". We went on down "the list" of
commandments watching his expressions and explaining any that need it. But for
me all of that pales in comparison to one thing that he said 'the reason I am so
interested in your church is because when I first met you, you didn't try to
shove doctrine down my throat. you became my friend first.'"
I love how the Lord works and is helping me grow. I love to be a
missionary!!!
Have a Great Day,
Daniel
No comments:
Post a Comment