Well I am in Waverly. The Members here are GREAT and they all don't come
from three families!!!! It is great to actually have to call some one by their
last name and not have 3/4 of the branch say "what?". It is
WONDERFUL!!!!
We are TEACHING!!! I have
missed this. We are finding. (not really right now because of the cold) and
walking and riding in cars and it is WONDERFUL!!! It feels so great to be out in
a new area!!!! We are one of two sets of missionaries in the Branch and we are having a great time holding each other accountable and working together! Wow I have always wanted to be closer than 30 or 60 minutes from the closest other missionaries and now I am and it is GREAT!!! The other two are Elder Musick from Enumclaw Washington and Elder Gray from Wassilla Alaska. They are both GREAT!!!
Now the cold is throwing a huge wrench in our works. The entire mission right now is shut down from proselyting and teaching. The cold is awful and horrible and disgusting. We got a text that told the entire mission "we are now descending into fatally cold weather and all proselyting for Sunday and Monday is now shut down. If you have a dinner appointment within your main town then you may go to that. But that is it. No teaching." we watched "Prophet of the Restoration" last night ,looked at pictures, talked and than played Monopoly Deal... it was GREAT!! We did all of this at the other elders' apartment and we are all best of friends now! We also downed a 12 pack of mountain dew they had and a whole box of hot chocolate!!!
Since school was shut down today we set up with the branch to have all the
youth to come and go bowling with us at 12:00 so we are REALLY excited for that. Some said they would bring nonmember friends!!! We are super excited for
this great opportunity to get the 13 youth here involved in this
work!!!
Well I hope that everyone is having a great day,
love, Elder Daniel Keeley
ps
ps
Don't worry-- I didn't drink it all. We shared it among all four of us!!! I only had 2 of
the 12, and 4 cups of hot chocolate! But we are all doing great here.
oh
by the way Mom will you please go online and send me a Spanish Preach My Gospel.
thanks!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment