from Dan:
Well we finally have snow! and it all came in one night! We went to
bed and there was just frozen rain on all the grass but when we woke up there
was 4 inches of the stuff! This makes contacting potentials VERY difficult
especially if they are single women because we cannot enter their homes.
Well all that we can do about it is keep trying to have our busy members
make some time for us.
Wow so there is an epidemic going through this mission. I have now had it
TWICE and there are 4 other missionaries going through the same thing... anyone
guessed what it is yet? Kidney stone... I developed #2 about a week ago and
apparently it was just sitting in my kidney until Thursday causing me minor
irritation that I thought was back pain (that's another story oh mom does our
insurance cover chiropractors?) On Thursday we were just sitting there teaching
James and all of a sudden i was hurting and I told myself "wow this back pain is
really bad all of a sudden" and I mentioned that we may need to cut the lesson
short because of the pain. James makes some special oil (like mom makes) made
specifically for back pain. Sooo I used it and it didn't help after a while so I
had to face the facts it wasn't back pain. I had known all along what it felt
like but I just wasn't going to admit it to myself. Well we went to the doc and
he took a CT scan and it found the stone already in the bladder. So the worst
was over and now all I have to do is drink enough fluids for it to flush out the
rest of the way. Happy Christmas to me!!! :(
I cannot wait to talk to everyone on Wednesday! That will be
exciting!
Well the world keeps revolving and we as missionaries keep going. This week
has been filled with our investigators and less actives that we are working with
being out of town. So amid the snow and cold (it is much worse than last year) we
have been knocking doors. There is a really annoying habit here in the mid-west
they don't open the door when it is cold they just rub a spot on their frosted
window and mouth this "It's to cold. Move on." and we as missionaries think "We
know. We are out in it. Will you let us in to get warm?"
I cannot wait for Christmas to be over so that everyone comes back home and
we can actually progress with the people who we know and love, and love us
back!
well yep that has been the week!
love, Elder Keeley
No comments:
Post a Comment