Tuesday, February 4, 2014

This week has BEEN GREAT!!!

note from Mom:: even though I am logged in as Denise on her computer, it's not her.  just me!  I am here with the new little baby man at the Allred house..

Here is Dan's letter:

This week has BEEN GREAT!!! 
First and foremost..... CONGRATS TO DENISE AND KEVIN!!!! I'm an uncle (again) hooray! wow i love family SOOO much!
Also we have discovered a few things that are amazing here in Waverly, have any of you heard of speed dating... well most people have but oh well. Now have any of you heard of speed RELIGION. no? well it is a new take on religion that is trying to help College students here in Wartburg (the college here) to find the church that is right for them!!! We have an RM that found out about it and he is representing the church for us!!! We think that this could be right up our alley way.
This same RM, his name is Anders, also has found another Potential investigator for us! She is an international student that is in his Choir and they got talking about the church and he taught her pretty much the Restoration of the Gospel and now she wants to meet with us!!! Oh how I love the spirit moving upon people and showing them that sharing the gospel is easy!!
We also had exchanges this week and Elder Allred and Elder Musick (our District Leader) taught D***ie at a members house and it turned out to be an AMAZING lesson she accepted a baptismal invite which she has never done before and has started reading The Book of Mormon wanting to know if it is the word of God instead of just for the knowledge. Unfortunately she just hit the Isaiah chapters... Pray for her!!
While they were teaching her Elder Gray and I went and saw their main group of investigators, a group of 4 18-19 year old teenagers living together. they are nicknamed the Possie. They are J***an, S***na, Z** and E**c... yeah he is the only guy in the house and he is sort of a house maid for the three girls, and he may be gay we are not sure yet... but any way we went over there and it was a great lesson! E**c was the only one that took it serious but oh well. but what really stood out about this particular lesson was that when we went in Elder Gray told me that they had 3 cats and I was like alright good to know-- and took my allergy pills, but the first animal I saw was a Ferret. Yes a Ferret a small weasel, and it was just running around the kitchen. They have been over to this house probably 5 times and have never seen it before.  It was a surprise to both of us. Its name is Oliver Wood, Sue you should know that reference.
I saved the best for last. C****in H has a baptismal date!! We had an UBER spiritual lesson with her and she has been ready for a while but the setting was finally right and it just happened! I invited her through the spirit! and it was even on the second lesson like we are instructed to in PMG! I love the spirit. Dad I will send you a letter with a more in depth explanation of the lesson but realize that this experience is very spiritual to me.
These experiences this week have invigorated  our branch on missionary work and we are seeing miracles from it! 
Hope that all is well at home. 
Elder Daniel Keeley
The church is true and the book is blue

No comments:

Post a Comment