Hey Dan!
How are you? Mom shared some of your paper letter with me the other day - it sounds like such an incredible blessing experience you had in the MTC! I am so glad you wrote about it in your journal in such detail so you can always remember it. :)
How is the weather in Illinois? You are probably hoping for spring as much as all of us! Winter just seems to be hanging on as tightly as it can.
Life is good here. Basketball is over (yay!), and Tyrel starts today as the head track coach. Haha! kind of funny, right? I think he will do great, and it won't be nearly as big of a time commitment as basketball was. He is also finishing up the 3rd quarter of school. It is so crazy to think that we are 3/4 done with our first year. The time surely has flown by!
The other night, the Elders stopped by our home, just to pass some time. It was about 8:00 pm, and it is kind of hard to do much finding that late anywhere, but especially in a tiny town in Utah where almost everyone is LDS. :) They were funny, but it was SO awkward! One of the Elders has only been out of the MTC for a couple of weeks, and he was not very comfortable. They came in and I was working on my lesson on the Atonement for Sunday School, and I asked them what their favorite scriptures in the Book of Mormon about the Atonement were. Elder K hadn't brought in his scriptures (his comp had, and shared a couple with me), and instead of Elder K asking to borrow a BOM so he could look one up, he just kind of went on about how he can't ever remember scriptures and doesn't really know then. I felt bad for him. Then he told me to ask a girl in our Sunday School class why he is the funny Elder... it was because he stuck pretzels up his nose. :/ PLEASE make sure you are always acting like the kind of representative for the Lord you should be! I know you do, but I just had to share this. Also, while I am giving advice, always have a scripture ready (from your morning study, or whenever) to share with members!
The Elder's companion is Elder Jezek from Cedar Rapids, Iowa! Maybe someday you will get to serve in his home ward. Wouldn't that be cool! While they were here, Lydia was really worried about her lost dragon stuffed animal. She couldn't find him anywhere. As the Elders left, Elder Jezek offered a prayer, and prayed so sweetly and specifically that Lydia could find dragon. About five minutes after they left, we found him. :) I loved how specific he was in the prayer - that would be something else you could do at members homes... when you find out things they are worried about or working on, pray for them with them! I loved it!
Well, I will let you get to reading and writing your email. I love you and we are praying for you!
Have a great day!
And Daniel's email to me:
don't worry i was awkward to but it is tradition here in Pekin to smack it out of you as soon as possible, the old missionary brings you to the bishops house and his family really works you over only you don't know that it is the bishops house yet you think that it is a family that they have been trying to see a for a long time. you don't find out till the end of the lesson and it really helps you loosen up after the MTC and really learn how to teach.
The weather here is nice we had some snow the other day
but it is just raining now and i am loving it, the farmers really need
it too, so this is a great blessing.
i
will avoid being the awkward missionary and the "funny" missionary we
try to treat our members like we treat our investigators and we are
always looking for ways to improve, like we never show up at a members
house with out an appointment no matter how later or dark it is. instead
we go back to the apartment and call them to make appointments. maybe
bring that up to them tell them that they are devastating member trust
and to ask their mission president about it.
i will include some more in my mass email.
have a great day
Elder Keeley
No comments:
Post a Comment