That was the good highlight for the week and the rest of the days were just
the regular missionary life seeing members and the widows in the ward and of
course knocking on doors in between appointments.
Now for the ugly. Kevin Allred I understand why you are always drinking
fruit juice and only eating at certain food chains. This morning I woke up at 5:00
with the most agonizing pain in my side and Icouldn't find out what it was. It
was so bad that I vomited multiple times because of the pain. My companion said
to try and sleep it off so I laid down and about 10 seconds later told him to
give me the phone I was calling the mission nurse and I didn't care what time it
was. She woke up and as soon as I said extreme pain in my side she really woke up,
bless her wonderful heart and 30 some odd years of nursing experience.
She had me try and have some Ginger Ale to help with the vomiting and it
helped until the next wave of pain; then I just had something new to throw up.
The only thing that she could think of that was causing all of the symptoms was
a Kidney Stone. She has had one before so she sent me to the hospital at 5:30 in
the morning. We got there and about 45 minutes latter, which is understandable
and fast for this hospital, they gave me some concentrated stuff like Ibuprofen.
About 15 minutes later I was still in a whole lot of pain when a wave hit and so I asked for something stronger, they gave me doupumine, I think, and that helped
a lot. They did a cat scan and found out that I had a 2 mm kidney stone, so
relatively small compared to some. I now have 4 prescription drugs that I have
to take at least 4 times a day and am working on getting it out I will keep
everyone informed and please send me suggestions!!
Elder Keeley
OH, MAN! I'm so sorry. Hope it passes quickly. No fun.
ReplyDelete