Tuesday, April 15, 2014

This week was a good week, and next week will be better!

Hooray for 30 degree weather!!!! I never really thought that I would be SOOOO excited for a thermometer to read 37.8 it is WONDERFUL!! Today's high is actually in the 50's and we are WAY excited for it!! Everyone is out and walking pets or scraping ice off of driveways or just enjoying the "warmth".  There is only one day this week where the high is below freezing! We have the car this week and we are going to use it minimally just to drive out to the outlying towns in our area then we are going to walk around them talking to people! We are super excited for this week!
Now to reflect back for a moment. I have been out in the mission now for almost 14 months and my how time has flown! Pekin seems so long ago but it is only 10 months in the rear view mirror. I have grown so much it is so fun to look back and to think about how I have changed and how I have grown socially, physically, mentally, and most importantly spiritually. 
I have been blessed to help find and try to teach two people and then follow them into the baptismal font to start on the road of covenants with our Savior. It has been a bumpy ride but it has been wonderful!.  I will never forget all the people that I have met and helped and that have helped me.
This last week was the last of the super cold weather... we hope. We were shut in for two days and in spite of the set backs this week has been great. 
Ca***in got Baptized!!!! and CONFIRMED!!!!! She was so prepared by the Lord and it was a truly great opportunity to help in the conversion process. PRAY THAT SHE HAS A FULL CONVERSION IN THE MONTHS AND YEARS TO COME.  I also want to thank everyone that has prayed for me and my investigators.  You may not realize it but it is helping.
Elder Phelps and I are trying our best to now find the next people that we need to help with whatever they need. Pa**s and the rest of the crew (his fiancee and her friends) are all doing well. We weren't able to teach them this week but we tried and he is reading The Book of Mormon so we are happy about that. K*ri wasn't able to attend the baptism which is really sad but we did see her twice this last week and that was good. Our next appointment is on Tuesday at its regular time 1 o'clock and we will be trying to really help her to come to church. She is Catholic and she has been in our church for a church tour but has never attended a service there.
We have many potential investigators and we are trying our best with all of them to make and keep contact with them.
Well everyone please pray for me,
Elder Daniel Keeley
Helaman 12:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment