Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The Miracles of the Spirit!!

Conference was AMAZING!!! All in favor send me an Email that just says AGREED!!
Well Elder Nelson extended an invitation and now I am following up because he is not here to do so! Who will STUDY, not read, Preach My Gospel with me?!?!! Include this in the before-said email and I will hold everyone accountable!
 
The prevailing message of  conference was for me.. ENDURING TO THE END!!! I cannot wait for the last stretch months of my mission. It will be grand!
MIRACLES ALERT!!!! We are seeing MIRACLES galore right now, and it is really really fun for us to be a part of the Lords work here in Waverly. 
 
I am smiling for no good reason other than I am happy and we are seeing miracles!!! The spirit s putting words in our mouths and we are having to go into areas that missionaries would NOT normally go into and we are having SOOO much fun!! 
 
Now for the first miracle of the week, #1 We went and taught P**is and Bre**, just on a whim, and they had read part of the Plan of Salvation Pamphlet together.  As they read, all of their questions were answered!!! So that was a good spiritual set up for us to invite them to Baptism!!!(finally) They Accepted!!! The situation was right and the spirit was strong!
 
#2 Kathee has a solid baptismal date now. We set up every lesson between now and her Baptism.  It is SOOO exciting and wonderful! We used a Baptismal Calendar to set it all up including her interview! 
 
#3 Conference --what more can I say! 
 
#4 This is the big one...... maybe I should drag this on a little longer.... yeah I will..... Well after the Sunday afternoon session of conference it was back to normal missionary life for us and we hit the ground running. We had a quick snack and then did some planning for the day that we hadn't gotten to the night before because of some complications that put us home at 11:30pm.  So we planned and then went and followed the spirit. We knock on some doors and met a nice fellow named G**rge who wasn't interested in the least, and some other wonderful people. 
There was this one door that Elder Phelps felt like we should knock on a street that is heavily traveled by missionaries and so would have been knocked in the past. It was raining and when a young man came to the door the first thing he said was "is it still raining out" we said "yep" and he said "well you better come in then." As soon as we came in, his wife greeted us and said "Elders-- good to see you!" and looked at our tags and called us by name! It was wonderful. They are T**lor and Rachel Su**on. He grew up in Waverly and they met at Wartburg, the college here, and were married 6 months ago. 
 
After meeting they went down to Saint Louis, where she is from, and he went to law school down there to become a lawyer.  They just got out of school and he is still looking for his first job. But while down there he went to school with a Member and they had what he called "weekly conversion meetings".  So we re-invited them to pick up the Book of Mormon and read it.  At this point she skipped over to the book shelf and pulled out a brand new TRIPLE Combination-- the one with the Book of Mormon, D&C and the Pearl of Great Price in leather!! We were VERY surprised and delighted! Please PRAY FOR THEM TO HAVE A SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCE THIS TIME AROUND WITH THE CHURCH!
I am doing great. Sorry--I have a few more miracles I want to talk about, but my computer is about to run out of time,
love Elder Keeley
Read Elder Andersons talk in conference

No comments:

Post a Comment