HI!!
I am still in Centerville and I am NOT the senior companion but I am with
one of my good friends from the Peoria, Illinois days!! We are having a great
time helping him adjust to Centerville, he just came from member housing and a
large ward (a multimillion dollar mansion) to our humble abode and branch.
We had Stake Conference this week and the advice from our stake president
was this "set aside the idle things of this world and seek the things of nature
and of eternal wroth" he was addressing the youth to spend more time outside and
less just playing on their iphones and ipads.
Well this week has been a week of good byes and introductions, EVERYONE
LOVED Elder Bailey and my new companion (Elder Hodges) and I have some HUGE
shoes to fill... PRAY FOR US!!!!
This week is Thanksgiving and the mad rush of Christmas will follow close
behind and the missionaries across America are going to try and slow people down and help them remember the true reason for CHRIST-mas. I am excited to try some
things like just offering to read the story of the birth of Christ in Mathew and
John with people (that is where the account is right?) or just helping them feel
the spirit of giving and not getting.
Elder Hodges is from American Fork, UT and he has been out 15 months and no
he does not know any of our cousins over there in that wonderful school of 2000.
I am really trying now to fill those proverbial shoes that I spoke of
earlier and it is scary hmm maybe I should just listen to people more but still
try to give my piece in every now and than.
I love you all so send me some thanksgiving pictures PLEASE!!! I love
to see them on the computer but I cannot print them in color so choose one or
two and send them to send a print of them to Mom and she will include them in a
package some where... THANKS MOM!!!
Well LOVE YOU ALL TONS AND REMEMBER, COUNT YOUR BLESSONGS FIRST THING EACH
MORNING AND LAST THING EACH NIGHT!
Love you all,
Daniel
No comments:
Post a Comment