Monday, February 11, 2013

Feb. 11 email to Kristin from Dan

(this is probably pretty similar to the other emails he is sending home today, but I just wanted to post it!)

Hay sister! How are you and the family doing? I heard that Elsa has RSV and it sounds pretty bad, but she is in my prayers so she should be getting better. I am assigned to the Pekin Illinois area of the mission and am loving it here. The work is pretty slow but I have a couple ideas that I am asking my president about to help the work move forward. Just stuff like acting like missionaries even once we are in a house that has a slowly progressing investigator or of a Member. I am kind of scared to bring it up to my companion Elder Hunsaker, He is from Brigham City and is in his 18th month of his mission.
During the first lesson we had together we were planning to commit Jacob Johnson to a Baptismal date of March 30th and he was SUPER excited about it, Jacob is nine and his mom is a member but not his dad, his mother and father just went through a nasty divorce and he can only come to church every other week because of it. 

We have a few other investigators Hailey and Kyle are 13 and 11 respectively and are both interested in the church but there Great Grandmother, who they are very close to just was diagnosed w/ a fatal cancer surrounding her lungs and liver. They both are hard to contact now and we are worrying about them. Nadine is like 85 and she has a "boyfriend" who is a member she is scared to join the church because if she does and she marries Bro. Fittswater she will lose everything that her late husband left to her. 
Our ward is amazing and we love all the members everyone out here is interesting in their own special ways and we love them for it.
Elder Keeley

No comments:

Post a Comment