Happiness- I love getting letters that are full of news! Here is today's letter in the mail.
Feb 11, 2013
Dearest family
The transfer from regular life to MTC life was much harder than the transfer from MTC to Missionary Field work. I guess that is the purpose of the MTC. We have, at this time, talked to a couple of the investigators in our humble area of Pekin, Illinois and we are working to find more every day. We are not having much success in this area and are trying to improve our finding skills and teaching habits.
The MTC may prepare you for the world but it is nothing like it in many ways, even the mock lessons are easier in there. I don't know where I would be today though if I didn't teach Arnold there in TRC.
Life out here is a lot harder and I am getting tired, already, of people just opening their door and saying "not interested". On a much happer side, we have placed four B. of M but have yet to get a call about any of them being read.
Another happy note--we have been teaching a member's son, who is 9 and not yet baptised. We have commited him to be baptised on March 30th.
Please everyone pray for little Jacob Johnson so he won't change his mind and so his dad will start taking the lessons when he sees the happiness it brings to his kid's life.
I love our ward that we are in over here. The people are super nice and all are super excited about the work.
Sincerely
Elder Keeley
No comments:
Post a Comment