Monday, February 4, 2013

2-5-2013 letter to mom--yeah!!!



We got a letter today, and we love love love to hear what he has to say!

Jan 30, 2013
Dearest Mother

Today was a bitter-sweet day.  After today we have only 2 real days of  “class” as we know it, left.  The bitter part is that today was our final opportunity to teach Arnold.  Arnold Young was our TRC guy; Elder Staheli and I connected with him on a level that we cannot describe.  He gave Elder Staheli a spoon and I will send a picture via email as soon as I am out in the field.  [note Elder Staheli is pronounced Staley--Tyrel's neighbor from Enterprise.  good guy!]

We had a good lesson today and it was definitely worth the effort we put into this last lesson.  We only have two real days of class left because tomorrow is P-day and the next is In-field Orientation, then we have a normal Saturday then a normal Monday, minus our friends leaving the next day for Arkansas and Pocatello (except for Elder Jackson--he hurt himself in gym and will be here 6 weeks).  Monday will be very hard. 

We leave on Tuesday at 3:00 am from the MTC and our flight’s first leg starts at 6:45.  I will try to call you that morning around 5:30 am then from Minneapolis MN around noon.  See if dad can get away for a minute [at school] and I can call his cell phone [at lunch].

I absolutely love all the dearelder.com letters I am getting but I get really excited when a real letter comes or a package comes.  There is an ATM here I can use to get money.  I just don’t know how much I have on my card.

I saw Maclain/Elder Olsen briefly today, he had on a mask of indifference and I could tell he missed his family.  He had just barely, like 2 minutes before, gotten out of his car and he was taking it really well.
I love and miss you so much. I never realized how much I took for granted you and all you do.
This church is true.  I know that with all my heart.  Joseph Smith did see God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ in that grove of trees in New York.

Sincerely
Elder Daniel J Keeley

ps Send photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment